Another interminable campaign season is (shudder) already upon us.
In all the posturing, pontificating, and “debating,” let’s try to distinguish a little more clearly between minutiae and things that matter.
Rather than looking for better answers to meaningless questions, let’s try to put some better questions on the table.
- Why are so many children hungry?
- Why do so many Americans have to crowdfund their health costs?
- Why is our life expectancy going down in the midst of so much wealth and power?
- Why do so many — across 99-plus percent of the income spectrum — feel so harried and insecure?
- Why, exactly, should any U.S. or partner forces still be in Afghanistan 20 years on?
Let’s see if we can’t find a candidate for national office who’s actually willing to ask questions that matter rather than reciting pat answers that don’t.